Monday, June 3, 2013

Movie Review Monday: Like Crazy

Most. Confusing. Movie. Ever.



Source

The transitions in this movie make 0 x 0 sense. Srsly. A day later, I'm still wondering what the hell just happened. Maybe that's because my friend Jessica and I were watching this while preparing and crafting decorations for a bachelorette party we're throwing this coming weekend, but I'm pretty sure the movie just didn't explain shit. One minute the main couple is together, the next thing he's banging Katniss and she's cozied up to someone who looks less like a serial killer, and the minute after that...they're back together again. I STILL don't know how the ending worked out. Once the credits started rolling, Jess and I just looked at each other confused and concerned.

I really wanted to like this movie too. It's independent. It's a Rom-Dram (you're welcome, use it as you wish). It has an excellent soundtrack centered around Paul Simon. It has Jennifer Lawrence for crying out loud. And it looks like it would be just so damn cute! Le sigh (bet you haven't heard that in 5 years!).

But no. Nope. No thank you. No mas. Perhaps we should try shaving off a little bit of the artsy-fartsy and adding just a dash of explainy-fainy. Just a suggestion.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment