Tuesday, May 14, 2013

YouTube Tuesday: Fake It 'Til You Make It

So I haven't been on here in months. I know. I should probably stop telling people I have a blog...when I don't actually blog anymore. The truth is I haven't lost my appetite for writing. I long for the opportunity to let my creativity flow. So why the absence? Aside for crap-tastic computers at home (omg yes they are too broke, Cameron), I just really don't have anything to blog about these days. There is absolutely nothing happening in the career/home renovation/family planning/freaking anything at all portions in my life.

Well, I suppose that's not entirely true. My favorite person on the planet (that I'm not married to or stalking) is getting married to a fantastic guy in a few weeks #rockstarbridesmaid. The hubs and I are going on a road-trip to the Dong of America Sunshine State next week to see my baby cousin graduate from high school...and to remember why I don't live close to family. And I've started reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, people who are actually achieving things.

God, could this blog be a bigger bummer? Well probably. I've been pretty much bitch slapped by life every time I turn around. But we aren't going to talk about that today. Today we are going to talk about a real-life thing. Fake it until you make it. Has anyone ever told you about how if you start to smile, eventually that will translate into real feelings of happiness? It's true. It doesn't stop the absolute shit-storm that life revolves around you, but it does make it all a little bit more bearable. So that's what I'm doing now. You don't want to hire me? Fine. Your loss. I'm fuggin amazing. Cysts want to explode all over my ovaries causing me intense pain and nausea all week? Sure. Whatevs. I'll adopt or lose weight or whatever. Face wants to break out like a teenager on a taco binge? At least I don't look old...nor too poor to afford tacos. No money? That's cool. I like popcorn for dinner. No really. It's pretty much the best ever.

So if you want to join me in an effort to turn that frown upside down...watch this video. It's 2 solid minutes of cats wearing hats. If this can't make you smile and face your day with renewed vigor, then you totes need help far beyond what I can deliver.


No comments:

Post a Comment