Friday, September 7, 2012

Thoughts For Thursday: Round 2

Yes, I know that title says Thursday. Yes, I know it's Friday. Yes, I am freaking elated that it's not actually Thursday; however, I did not get to write the second part to yesterday's "Thoughts" post due to an unusually busy afternoon.

When I was a Junior in high school, I had an a-mah-zing AP English teacher who taught me more about life, character, and creativity than grammar (she did in fact teach me quite a bit about grammar writing that I still use today.) I will always hold a place in my heart for Mrs. Mixon. Once a week Mrs. Mixon would have us pull out a notebook (back in my day we used the paper kind) and just write. Write stream of thought. She just wanted us to put every thought that we had down on paper. Sometimes she would read them, sometimes she wouldn't. If I were her, I wouldn't want to read the every fleeting thought of a bunch of 16-year-olds, especially the boys.Yuck.

A lot of these stream of thought entries helped me realize some quirks about myself. It helped me realize what set me apart from my friends, what my family really meant to me, and why it getting dumped for the first time probably wasn't the end of the world. It also helped me realize I need to work on organizing my thoughts before attempting college at an Ivy League school. The Ivy League thing never happened...and let's be honest, neither did organizing my thoughts. I have a hard time staying focused on one thing at a time. Saturday, while trying to take care of a few household chores, I found myself unpacking a box, doing dishes, and a starting a load of laundry simultaneously. You might say that's multi-tasking, but throw in Mystic Pizza on Netflix, and an hour later, I've only started these things. I haven't finished a single one because I forgot what I was doing while I was doing it. Squirrel! (You're welcome fellow Disney fans).
You can't not love this movie. It's impossible.
I thought I would try writing in stream of thought today, just to see what's changed in my mind over the past 10 (ZOMG TEN!!!! AHHH!!!) years. So here is fair warning, there will be little to no pictures. This will be random and long. Here's your chance to back out now.

READY, SET, GO!

I like coke. The cola, not the drug. Even though the cola used to have the drug as a main ingredient. I know it's poison. I know it will give me diabetes. I know my health is permanently depleted due to my love of coke. But it tastes good and I like it. I don't like the way it leaves my mouth covered in a syrup-like film. I don't like the judgement that I feel from every person on the damn planet because I like coke. Water gives me acid-reflux sometimes. Granted that's usually because I'm eating something deplorable and you just can't mix healthy with terrible, but that is usually why I chose a coke or similar cola to go with my meal.

Chill.
I also like milk. Like, a lot. I know, it's gross. It's not natural. Humans are the only mammal that chooses to drink the milk from another mammal. But I don't want to drink breast milk, natural or otherwise. Some lady's boob juice just isn't what I want with my cheerios in the morning. Mmmm cheerios. Again, I know that milk will be the ultimate cause of my demise. I know it's fattening, I know it's sugary, I know it causes acne, and obesity, and cancer, and probably nuclear war. I hate when people say nuke-u-lar. Why would you knowingly chose to sound ignorant? I guess maybe the same reason I chose to drink milk, the devil's (boob) nectar. But I like skim milk. No fat. Just yums. And, it's pasteurized for goodness' sake. It's not like I crawl under a cow every morning to get my fix.


This kid would though.
 Someone is using the vending machine. I wish it was me. No monies + an affinity for snacks = sad chubby girl. Oh wait! Some one's going on a donut run! Must. Not. Eat. Them. All. I probably shouldn't have any. I'll probably keel over after just one bite. Stupid hipsters and their healthy eating propaganda. Why can't I just enjoy life. I know to keep everything in moderation. I had a cup of white rice for dinner last night. That's pretty good right? I know babe, it should have been brown rice. Brown rice is obviously the holier-than-thou choice for rice. Unless you're paleo. Then all grains are Satan. There's no winning. No matter if I went on an all tree-bark diet, someone somewhere would judge me for making poor food choices. I'm saying screw it. As long as my family is fed and doesn't have an unhealthy reliance on fast food, then screw the rest of the world. Forget your smack talk, hipsters. I don't care if you think I should live solely off of quinoa and organic carrots. I'm sure in a week you'll come up with some reason why carrots are evil too.


I wish our air conditioner would fix itself. I think I almost died in my sleep last night from the heat. How in the hell did people live in this state before air conditioners? They must have been out of their minds. At least when it's cold you can build a fire. But you can't make it cold without electricity. Thanks to my husband for saving my life though. Out of nowhere, he busted in like Captain America with a window unit AC that wasn't really doing anything for the living room. I thought it wasn't doing a lot because it looked like it was from 1832 (joking of course) but once he installed it in the bedroom, that thing was a rock star. I actually had to get under the quilt. The jump from 95 degrees (my estimate) to a cool 73 degrees (again, my estimate) gave me a slight headache when I woke up though. Headaches + finally being comfy in bed = not an easy wake up. Starbucks was definitely in my future.


Mmmm Salted Caramel Mocha...which looks like Spotted Camel Mocha when written in chalk
 The cashier at the Camp Bowie starbucks is really nice. I want to hug her. She butchers my name but I'll be damned if she isn't the sweetest person I've ever met that early in the morning.

I have to go to the bank now. Lame.

See ya around.

3 comments:

  1. Y U steal my stream of consciousness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar issue with starting so many things and not finishing them. I make lists to remind myself of the things I need to do so they get out of my brain, but then I don't look at the list. I've started 2 scrapbooks, numerous video games, and other things that I have not finished. Oh well.

    On the topic of food and diets, my philosophy is just don't eat TOO much fatty stuff like French fries and Alfredo sauce, eat dessert, just in moderation, and throw in veggies when possible. Otherwise it gets too complicated and I will probably just set myself up for failure. Also milk is awesome and with out it there would be no lattes, ice cream, or cheese!

    ReplyDelete