Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Youtube Tuesday: Two Things

I know. I'm late on my blog post...again. Sorry pals. I cannot even begin to explain to you how crazy work has been this week. Mostly because I've vowed to not blog about work. So you'll just have to accept my word that this week has been bananas.
Ok...I guess maybe we should scratch that title and call it Three Things since I kind of intro'ed with a video.

So first, um second, thing: Today I am a big cousin for the 8th time over! Flower Girl Gabizilla becomes Big Sister Gabzilla today...un-freaking-believable. Where does the time go?!?! It seems like it was just yesterday I got a very excited phone call from my Aunt K announcing Gab's arrival. That was almost 5 years ago though, and now it's time for her to play big sis to a sweet baby girl that we all can't wait to meet. So for today's first, dammit SECOND, video, I want to share a video full of the best thing in the world...BABY LAUGHS!!!! Who doesn't find baby laughs infectious? Voldemort probably. But that has to be it. Unless you don't have a soul...in that case, get off my blog! One day I hope to install my own tiny human laughing thing...a baby. One day! NOT TODAY. Get off of my case Grandpa! JK (sort of) ;)



For our final video today, I want to provide a public service. Should you ever find yourself as a proud owner of a mandolin slicer, USE THE FREAKING HAND GUARD. It will suck at holding your vegetables (or fruit, or potatoes, or anything else you plan on slicing), but it is absolutely vital that you protect your fingers. I know from experience. On Sunday afternoon, I sliced off a pretty sizable chuck of my thumb. I haven't lost that much blood since my last minor surgery. It still hurts like a b-word. It might help if I stop accidentally banging it into things. I would also like to stop wearing a crazy big band-aid but the stupid thing won't scab over. The rest of my thumb itches....gah! Ok. Enough about my appendages, or lack thereof. Here is how to properly use a mandolin:
And for the record, my days with the mandolin are over. Hubby says I can't even play the mandolin guitar. Looks like his days of slicing vegetables are about to be bountiful. Keep in mind this is the man who almost cut his whole finger off on a pickle jar. Maybe we should institute a no sharp objects rule in our house. Maybe. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment