Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Cedar Fever Blues

Doesn't that sound like a bitchin' Stevie Ray Vaughan song? Side note: my biological father once told me that we were related to SRV. I would really really like to believe I share some of his wicked cool blood. I would also like to believe that I am royalty like my great grandmother once told me. She may or may not have been suffering from dementia at the time.

Cedar season this year is killin' me y'all. What do you get when you mix a stressed out bride-to-be with a never ending allergy attack?

I did something really bad this week. I snapped at my dear sweet dad for wanting to wear western style cuff links. I wasn't nice. I wasn't even pleasant about the situation. I was a total little selfish snatch about it. Don't get me wrong, the cowboy cuff links won't be happening, but I could have handled the situation a lot better. I could have politely explained that we had already picked out the accessories the guys will be wearing and I'm sorry to disappoint. Bad bride.

I blame it on the mix of outrageous stress that comes at crunch time (52 days to go, holy bananas!) and these damn allergies. I feel like all of the life has been drained out of me...in the form of snot. I'm sexy and I know it. Mix endless sneezing/runny nose, a mild headache, slight fever, and eyes that I swear I'm about to itch right out of my head and voila! Cedar Fever. Here's a simple progression so you can thoroughly understand.

This is me in September 2011 (no cedar in sight), slightly dolled up.
Personal Image
This is me in February 2010, just getting over cedar season.
Personal Image
And this is me in the heart of Cedar Season.
I keeed I keeed...I wouldn't put my ugly allergy affected mug on the interwebs for everyone and their dog to see. What do I look like, some kind of no0b? Don't answer that.

So mostly, with this post I just want to apologize to everyone that I have offended this week with my general snatchiness. I'm not nice, I know. I'm going to work on it. There goes my New Year's resolution of trying to be "less bitchy." I also want to apologize to everyone that I've offended with my overall appearance. Good lord I'm a hot mess. There's not enough concealer in all of Sephora to tackle this face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment