Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Inspiration Rain Down On Me

Today I have been thinking about how incredibly far this wedding has come. Once upon a time all I needed was a fluffy dress and a guy at the end of the aisle. Preferably this dress and this guy:
                                       Jordan Knight



ZOMG that train!!

What can I say, I had pretty high hopes as a toddler. Then I grew up, fell in love, and became obsessed with wedding planning. For years I had stashed away plans for a black/white/red/damask theme. It was pretty cutting edge stuff in 2008. When we actually got engaged, I realized this was total crap (sorry to any black/white/red/damask brides out there). It just wasn't us and it wasn't fit for a March wedding. Thus came the vintage monster. I have a love/hate relationship with the bitch trendsetter that started vintage weddings. They are so pretty and I am so excited that we are having one. Everything about it screams us! We love love love old timey things. However, the weekly trips to the Antique mall trying to find decor that is in good shape and old enough to use has put a serious strain on this lady's pocket book. Thank the good lord for Goodwill and Ebay. Within our vintage theme our first try at colors were soft baby pink and mint green. These colors have evolved to clover green, pewter, lavender, and ivory. Why are defining colors even important? This is why:
Julia Roberts and her rendition of Shelby has had me picking out my damn "colors" for as long as I can remember.

I'm really excited to see all of the pieces that we have strewn throughout our house come together (riiight now, over me) in one cohesive manner. In my head everything works together but who knows until we unpack all of the boxes and start setting up tables.

Here is my inspiration board:
 I shall be thoroughly overjoyed if everything turns out as pretty as this board.

No comments:

Post a Comment