Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Edge of Glory: Getting Ready

At 4 o'clock it was time to get ready. I was so ready to put my make-up on. I hate being around other people plain-faced.

Me, MOH P, and BM J applying our make-up
Naturally they finished way before me so while I was taking my sweet time covering my stress break-outs, they got dressed and had a little dance contest. It was also during this time that the rain outside turned into a full on storm. There was a bolt of thunder so loud that I almost jammed my mascara wand right into my eyeball. Obviously that was not an omen from God...just a congratulatory hammer clash from Thor...right?
I'd hammer that...
Drrrroooollllllllllllll....oh yeah. Where were we? Oh right, make up.

Once my face was on and worthy of facing all of my loved ones (and then some), it was time to get that god-awful shower cap off of my head and prep my 'do.
Ever feel like a monkey?

Can I get this kind of service every morning please?

Who is that fine lady?

Oh, it's just my reflection...silly me!
Ok so we have face and hair...now we need the dress! My sweet Vera was "hanging out" waiting for me on a bathroom stall door. Pretty classy...
Oh Vera...

BM J intrigued, BM M holding my hair like a true friend, and Me scared shitless of my wedding dress

A disappearing act







Holy Crap...I'm in my wedding dress
Step-Momma Chatkins zipped me up:


While the girls fluffed out my skirt:
All that was left was accessories:
Remember when I woke up in a panic because my jewelry and sash was left in Austin? Well, the jewelry problem was solved by a trip to Walmart, but the sash? You see, the dress came with a sash. But when I tried on the dress I didn't like it. I wanted a long pretty satin one for an extra fee. Well the long pretty one was left in Austin. Sorry Dad. I owe you $25. But I found the one that came with the dress in my back seat. Thank God for my procrastination. I meant to take that damn thing in the house a hundred times, but never did. It's funny how my own flaws work in my favor some times.

MOH P helping me with my wally-world necklace

Yep, it'll work.

Putting in earrings...

And eventually I have to use my thinking face. Yep. That's legit.

Ok, weirdo...put your shoes on.

Pretty flower!

Shoes are hard

Money shot!
Up next...Mr. Catkins blows me away with his wedding gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment