Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Edge of Glory: Gifts that Rock

A couple of weeks before the wedding Mr. Catkins and I agreed to set a $20 limit on our wedding day gifts to each other. One of us held up our end of the agreement. One of us is really glad that the other one did not, in fact, hold up his end of the agreement.

For Mr. Catkins gift, I wrote a note telling him very mushy personal things. I actually stepped out of my bitchy shell and told him my true genuine feelings. Shocking, I know. And just to make sure he knew that I didn't have a stroke, I wrote out the "you're the cheese to my macaroni" scene from Juno.
Much Better
Then I put together a "Groom's Wedding Day Survival Kit." I have to admit I found most of this idea online, and I cannot for the life of me remember where. Probably Weddingbee. Oh, and I've also lost all the pictures that I had of it. Changing phones is clearly one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. Anywhoodle, here's a list of what was in it. I put a homemade tag around each item with a cute description of what it was for.
  • Carmex "For Kissably Soft Lips"
  • Tic Tacs "For Stank Breath"
  • Compass "To Help You Find the Aisle"
  • Antique Pocket Watch "So You Make It On Time"
  • Small bottle of liquor "Liquid Courage...like you need it"
  • Tums "Tum Tum Tum Tum" (wedding march)
  • Tide Pen "Keepin' It Real" (we are both notorious for spilling food on our clothes)
I feel certain there was more, but like I said, I've lost all photo documentation of this gift. He seemed to be moderately amused by it. I think he appreciated the note more than anything. Plus, he generally thinks crafts are lame so maybe I should have just stuck with the antique pocket watch. But noooo, I had to get all "Pinterest" on that shiz.

Now: His gift to me.

Let me say this. There were some pimp-ass sunglasses in this gift bag, but the real gift? Proof that he listens. I've been wanting some Ray-Ban Wayfarers for more than a year. But I'm that person that loses sunglasses every time I turn around so I always end up buying them from Sam Moon for less than $10. That is the real reason why I start crying. Oh for goodness' sake, the photos tell the story itself.



Shut. The. Front. Door.

He listened!






Oh Jesus, he listened.

Ugly cry face. Awesome.


Real women fan their face when they cry. It's a curvy thing.

Waterproof - my big white ass.

Someone put these away and make it stop!
 Attention Grooms: If you want your bride to become super emotional, don't write a sappy note. In fact just forget the note altogether. Don't buy jewelry. Just get some sweet Ray-Ban's and she will lose her shit like she's watching The Notebook for the first time.----Is apparently what popped into my husband's head days before the wedding.

I will admit that it does make me sad that my gift didn't leave as much of an impact, but I'm pretty selfish so I'm cool with being the one to receive the cool gift. Just tryin' to keep it real yo.

All photos by Illuminate Photography unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment