Monday, July 2, 2012

Movie Review Monday: The King's Speech

So I really wanted to have some alliteration in today's edition of Movie Review Monday with Magic Mike. The fates would not allow it though. My friends and I got totally box-blocked (look it up at Urban Dictionary) at the theater yesterday when we tried to see Misters Tatum, McConaughey, Bomer and friends. We're going to try again tomorrow after work, hopefully with much more success. Get prepared for a full review next week.

This week's MRM will have to be about critically acclaimed and Academy Award winning The King's Speech. Those of you who know me well, know that I am a fah-reak when it comes to the British monarchy. I have no less than 3 books on the Tudor Dynasty. I watch PBS specifically to learn about Queen Elizabeth II's life on and before the throne. I know, I know. N.E.R.D.

I really expected to enjoy the story of Elizabeth II's father. Unfortunately, I thought it was beyond boring. I didn't even watch the whole movie. I just couldn't force myself to spend two hours reliving King George II get over his stammering problem. I will say the actors were fantastic! Helena Bonham Carter never ceases to amaze me. God that woman has talent spewing from her pores. And Colin Firth was amaze-balls as usual. The story line just didn't do anything for me. I felt like it could have been covered in 30 minutes rather than 2 hours. My apologies to the academy...I would hate to disagree with you, but that shit was lame.


Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz

Now this looks much more entertaining


No comments:

Post a Comment