Thursday, June 7, 2012

We Rehearse


The wedding party had assembled. The Pastor and DOC  were giving instructions. The parents were deep in discussion over twinkle lights and aisle placement. The bride was shaking in her chucks. No looking back now, we're doing this.
MOH P and BM J bright eyed and bushy tailed *Photo courtesy of MOH P


Armored with the bow-quet made from bows saved from shower gifts, I took a deep breath and handed the reigns over to Brother Stan. After all the planning, diagramming, purchasing, and worrying, this was his show from now on.

He had Cameron and I introduce our respective family and friends who were present. Naturally, I botched even this very first, very simple task. I introduced everyone in the room. I like to think I naturally did this because we're all one big family and group of friends, right? While that is a downright lovely thought, it's probably because my brain was total and complete mush. I was beyond able to take direction. It's a damn wonder I was able to stand in the right place and not have to go sit with the flower girl and her mom.

Flower Girl Gabzilla is far too busy for this wedding crap, clearly she's got some angry birds to play! * Photo courtesy of FG Mom Aunt Linds.



We processed, held hands, practiced a couple of words from our vows, and recessed. It was so quick.
"I promise to, um, love you and stuff" *Photo courtesy of Aunt Linds

I'm so glad Brother Stan was there to walk us through it. I am eternally grateful that there was such a sweet man to instruct everyone where to go and what to do. I probably would have gone looney tunes if it weren't for him. And his prayers! I mean, I know prayer is what he does for a living, but damn dang! That fool can talk to God like a mo-fo! (Just kidding if you're reading this Brother Stan!)
Pastor Stan after the ceremony the next day *Photo courtesy of Illuminate Photography
Rehearsing the Recess like a couple of pros *Photo courtesy of Aunt Linds

Once we rehearsed everything that we could possibly rehearse...it was time to munch!

My amazing in-laws treated us to Hardin's BBQ, an Eastland staple. (Ok, ok, every restaurant in Eastland is a staple there because there's like 5 of them). Though butterflies had officially staked out my tummy as their kingdom, I was able to get in a few bites of brisket and it was delish! I can't even begin to tell you all how much my Michiganders big-puffy-heart LOVED the barbeque. They cleaned their plates faster than some of the Texans! Cute. That's what that is.
Michigander Poppa-of-the-Bride and Me


GMOG (grandmom of the groom) Mady being adorbs as usual *Photo courtesy of MOH P

But the cherry on top? The Cupcake Bar! Way back in July of 2011, my step-mama and I went to a bridal show at a Dillard's here in Austin. That's where we saw The Cupcake Bar, the cutest, most fabulous, most delicious piece of wedding goodness we had ever laid eyes on. We could not stop raving about it, much to the dismay of our respective hubbies. I knew I had to make these awesome people a part of our big day. After MUCH negotiation, the mister and I agreed that they could provide dessert to the rehearsal dinner given that I paid for their entire fee, which was reasonable but not inexpensive by any means.

So what's the big deal about some cupcakes? Why pay a hefty mileage fee for cupcakes? Because it's a freaking Subway/Freebird's/FroYo for cupcakes! You pick your flavor (red velvet, tres leches, or dark chocolate), then your filling (I don't remember what choices I picked, I blame the sugar), then an endless amount of toppings. Sweet mother of God, the toppings. Everything from fruity pebbles to nutter butters to coconut. adsffffffffffffffffff.....oh sorry, I just passed out for a moment remembering the drool-worthy toppings.


MOH P discreetly tasting her creation

Me going all tyrannosaurus on my cupcake 

Our cupcake artists -- Disco Dust. You're doin' it right.
After dinner, we cleaned up and for the last time ever, I kissed my fiance. Like whoa. The next time I would see this guy, I would be marrying him. Totes bizarre. Bye bye honey...see ya tomorrow. I'll be the one in white ;)

MOH P, BM J and I headed back to the Holiday Inn where we had, no kidding, the best time ever. I can't think of another time in my life where I've laughed so much or felt so much happiness at once. Those girls, what can I say, they're just the best. We attempted to learn the Party Rock shuffle a la YouTube. I can't believe hotel security didn't come shut us down. We sounded like a herd of dub-stepping elephants.

MOH P and I
BM J

BM J studying the schedule I made, and Me feeling "Death by Party Rock"
I decided that I'd had enough LMFAO (both the band and the 90s web meaning) for one evening. If I was to resemble anything close to a bride, I would have to get some sleep! Off to my room I went, all the while hearing MOH P practicing her sweet moves. A memory I will always treasure.

I will say this about the night before my wedding, it couldn't have gone off any better. I am so thankful to my ladies for making my last single moments some of the best in my life. I couldn't ask for better friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment