Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Inaugural YouTube Tuesday

Earlier today, my friend "Chuck" from work and I were watching some YouTube videos (while on break of course!) and I had a fantastic idea!

Why not start a blog series showcasing a great YouTube video every Tuesday.

This week I bring you one of my favorite new bands Walk The Moon and their song "Anna Sun." This song has been all over the radio the last couple of weeks so I'm sure you've heard it at least once. I really listened to the words today and I couldn't believe how much the chorus described a situation in my life right now.




Those of you who are pretty close to me know that Mr. Catkins and I are in the throws of purchasing a home right now. We've decided to buy an older home close to his family in rural Texas. It is a beautiful home set in a very pretty area of our state. But because it was built almost 50 years ago, it is going to require some serious renovation. It's the kind of house that would make Bob Vila's pants get tight...if ya know what I'm sayin' :)

The chorus of the song goes like this:
"Oh Anna Suuuun! Oh Anna Suuuuunnn! What do ya know? This house is falling apart. What can I say? This house is falling apart. We got no money but we've got ha, ha, heaaarrt. We're gonna rattle this ghost town. This house is falling apart." ***

Our house is not quite falling apart but it needs a lot of work. But that also means we can make it our own. The "we got no money" part is mostly true on my end. I have got to get my spending under control if I am ever going to be comfortable in this life. I have an awesome job and it is a shame that I am not in better control of my finances. But I know I will get there because "we've got ha, ha, heaaaarrt." My better half is amazing when it comes to helping me achieve personal goals...like learning to not blow my entire paycheck at Ikea. And, by George, we ARE going to rattle that ghost town. I just know that we will be leaders in our community some how some way.

Hopefully, our house won't be "fa-fa-falling apart" soon enough. We have big plans for it and we can't wait to make it our own. Don't worry, I'll keep you abreast of all the changes we plan to make. I know that eye-roll you just gave me was one of pure excitement.

***Disclaimer: I usually don't actually know what the words are to songs so this is my best guess. I am the girl who thought Guns N Roses' "Paradise City" was "The Very Last City" well into college. I also thought Whitesnake was like "a twister" born to walk alone...rather than a drifter which actually makes sense. Not to mention AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds are Done Dirt Cheap" will always be "Dirty Deads THUNDER CHIEF!" to me. Oy! I swear, if I didn't know myself better, I would think I'm a total weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment